Hei

I have now tried various ways of packaging Primavera 5.0 with SP 2 (Installshield, using an answer file, manipulation the original .msi) all without being able to get the application to work completely. The amin problem is export to Primavera P3 - format fails. Even the manufacturer seems to have problems creating an unattended installtion file! Has anyone tried this successfully?
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
I know this post is relatively old, but are there issues with deploying Primavera using GPO?

Why couldn't an MST be used with replacement ini files containing the DB configurations? Anyone have experience deploying this app?


theLane
Answered 01/30/2007 by: edocshare
Orange Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Hi theLAne,

I also had a nighmate with this app about a year ago. Due to other work proprities, in the end I just got my Distribution Tool to dump all source on user's machine, then ran a script to run the setup.exe as an administrator.

Not a good way of doing it, but it was a workaround. Now I'm working on upgrading it to SP3, and the databases - not very pleasant!

Good luck, would be good to hear what method you used.

Mike.
Answered 03/15/2007 by: Meic
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Hi Meic,

Well, we just ended up capturing the install with SP and deploying that.


Good luck as well,
Lane
Answered 03/15/2007 by: edocshare
Orange Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity