I recently added a couple of entries to the RightFax 9.x Package KB and they were both approved, but after a couple of weeks, both entries are now gone.

I was wondering why, as both entries were factually correct. The “Note” I added provided information not previously included in the “Notes” for that particular package and corrected the misstatement that RightFax 9.x doesn’t support MSI Transforms and/or GPO deployment. The other entry was a link to the vendor’s Knowledge Base, and contained cookbook instructions and screenshots for MSI deployment via GPO.

Any insights?

In any event here is the Captaris KB link:
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
I have no idea why that has happend but I guess Bob will take it further.

/Kim
Answered 06/18/2008 by: AngelD
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Thanks for the reply Kim; I want to be sure that I hadn't violated any posting policies, while at the same time ensuring that the KB information was posted here somewhere.

I sure could have used it! :-)
Answered 06/18/2008 by: BobTheBuilder
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I'm puzzled! I did not disapprove or remove any such entries. I'm concerned there could have been a database issue of some kind and am looking into it now. You did nothing wrong, please let me research further before reposting.

Thanks,
Bob
Answered 06/19/2008 by: bkelly
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Funny thing that you mention "reposting". I was looking for the entry here because I wanted to add it to my internal documentation. Yes, I didn't save the text locally. (hangs head in shame)
Answered 06/19/2008 by: BobTheBuilder
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I can't find any indication of a accidental database restore (my best guess at how records could disappear). I looked deeper and see only one submission by you as BobTheBuilder (for Norton Anti Virus 10.x). I was thinking there could be more than one record for RightFax, but there is just the one. I'd like to try to determine if anything else was somehow lost, do you know when you submitted the entries?
Answered 06/19/2008 by: bkelly
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I'm reasonably sure that I posted the two entries sometime between 6-5-08 and 6-14-08. One "Notes" and one "Related Links".

I would tend to think it was on the 12th or 13th, as that is when I placed the app into production for our pilot rollout, but I can't be certain of the exact day. Sorry I can't narrow it down much more than that.

Update: Scratch that. I found the exact date I submitted:

RightFax (6/10/2008) "The RightFax installation can be performed via Group Policy..."
RightFax (6/10/2008) "From Captaris Knowlege Base: "

So it was likely approved on or about the 11th.
I still haven't found my "Notes" text though.

Screenshot here:
http://technorapture.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/appdeploysubmission.png

Lucky it was still up in Opera on one of my many VMs
Answered 06/19/2008 by: BobTheBuilder
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I'm very sorry to report that I've not been able to find an explanation for your missing submissions. There does not appear to be a problem since and I'm still loading some backups and see if the records can be recovered-- not the good news we hoped for, but I just wanted to give you an update.
Answered 07/07/2008 by: bkelly
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity