Hi

Ive re imaged some computers from Win XP (with office 2003) to win 7 (with office 2010) and im still getting a list of patches appearing in the status of the machines that shouldn't be there. Such as office 2003 patches on the machines that only have office 2010. This machine would of been patched when it was on XP and office 2003

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
Has the machine done an inventory since? Has a detect and deploy been run to update? Are these Office 2003 patches actually full installers of something?
Answered 10/14/2011 by: GillySpy
Seventh Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Yes the machine has done several inventories since. Its not just old office 2003 patches, its old XP ones that are not even relevant as the machine is now on Windows 7.

What about an up to date detect and deploy? I see a lot of out of date detects and deploys where the latest status is still several weeks old.
Answered 10/17/2011 by: GillySpy
Seventh Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Yes i have run a new detect and deploy but old patches still apear as detected. The machines were reimaged in august and then patching run on them but its still got the patches that were detected in previous times.
Answered 10/17/2011 by: mattygarland
Third Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I would open a ticket with support so that you can review specific logs, etc
Answered 10/17/2011 by: GillySpy
Seventh Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I ran into the same thing on my systems and was advised that the old listings were due to the patches that were listed in my patch groups and that there was no way to remove the "bad" listings from the machine inventories.

To solve this I did the following and haven't had the problem since:

- created *much* more targetted & granular patch groups
- scrubbed all of the inventories:
* uninstalled the kbox agents from all clients
* deleted the kbox folders from the clients:

WinXP
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dell\Kace
> C:\Program Files\Dell\Kace

Win7
> C:\ProgramData\Dell\Kace
> C:\Program Files\Dell\Kace

* deleted all machine inventory records from the kbox
* reinstalled the kbox agents on all of the clients
* reinventoried all systems

I didn't get this done in a day, but the results were worth the time (in my opinion, anyways). Hopefully not the only approach, but it worked for me.

John
Answered 10/17/2011 by: jverbosk
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
WOW!!

I know deleting the machine from the inventory will work but if i do that then helpdesk tickets that are associated with that machine are also lost. The user will also get a load of emails say that the machine is deleted if Tickets have been associated with it.

Ive logged a support case to see if there is another way.
Answered 10/18/2011 by: mattygarland
Third Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity