I’m having some difficulties installing applications using managed installations (MI).
For example Adobe Flashplayer 11 and Reader 11.

When installing the software using a typical installation /I /qb the software installs fine, but keeps installing time after time.
To troubleshoot, I tried adding my command to a batch file, zipping it all up and calling the batch file (install.cmd).  Again installation works fine, yet, it keeps installing time after time. Until the threshold is reached and I find a failed installation record in the inventory.

 

The same thing happens with I tried installation of Reader 11. Using a typical installation, a manually configured installation (using MST file) and a zipped up installation calling a batch file.
Installation works fine, but keeps installing.

 

This is driving me nuts. The inventory shows the installed software. How does the Kace server keeps track of installation successes and failures? It isn’t looking at the client inventory?

Answer Summary:
Cancel
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Answers

1

Are you using the correct software title discovered by the agent and not a manaully created title. The inventory should pick it up if installed and not retry again. Can you provide a screen shot of the software title and MI?

Answered 05/08/2013 by: nshah
Red Belt

  • I'm using the correct software title. I'll make some screenshots as soon as i'm back in the office. Would it be any help to remove the current software asset en add using inventory check?
Please log in to comment
1

Did you install on one machine to get the title into your inventory first? This is a best practice to use before you upload any installers into your KBOX so there's no doubt that the software entry in your inventory will be an exact match to what your distribution is sending out. The MI will continue to keep pushing if it doesn't detect exactly what it's looking for on your targeted machine(s).

Answered 05/09/2013 by: GeekSoldier
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
1

Finally have time for updating this thread.

 

Deleted the software title from the inventory. Followed your instructions and used a reference machine for a first install and then used that software title from the inventory.

 

Works fine now. Thanks. 

Answered 05/17/2013 by: KevinF
Senior Yellow Belt

  • Glad to hear it. It's a round about way of getting software to show up, but using the reference seems to work out the best every time. Good luck!
Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity