Hi, I got a problem that I am not quite sure how to resolve. I recently deployed Kace and so far been liking it. Ran my first cycle of patches in our env and one of the patches for srv2016 is stuck in downloading status. If my understanding is correct downloading means kbox itself hasnt downloaded the patch yet. I went to patch catalog and verified that kb4048953 is actually not taking any space which confirmed what i though. So i went to manually roll the patch on one server and it got stuck at 45% downloading the patch for the entire night. The patch is 1.2gb. I downloaded the patch manually and ran it manually and it worked just fine.
My question is how do i force Kace to download that patch or manually put the patch on Kace as I already have an MSU. I ran the download from patch download settings but it doesnt seem to be getting this one patch.
2 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


  • Forgot to mention that it is set to active.
  • Alex i have the same problem, i had a detect schedule and label exclusively for the Security Patches. As well as isolated those patches to detect and deploy to about Six devices. I used one label for detect and one label for deploy.

    When i contacted Quest support, they told me the label for detect should be the same label as deploy. Although the detect label had the last 3 months of security patches, where i was using the deploy label for the previous month of security patches.

    Most of my patches are stuck at 0 and some even have a few kb's downloaded. Obviously the whole patch did not get updated.

    So my question, is this a firewall issue blocking the updates from lumesion.com. Or is there something wrong with my configuration.

    I'll keep you posted if i figure anything out.
Please log in to comment

There are no answers at this time
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity