Hi All,

I've recently updated to the newest agent on the Kbox. At a certain point, I noticed all the old agents had stopped checking in; no amp connection. I found that odd as I enabled the auto-upgrade in the kbox gui, and set the 'fix broken agents' on too.

Provisioning (both sending out an 'uninstall/remove' request first, then a provision request) fails with a 

"MSI Info: [ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE] A fatal error occurred during installation." 

So I log on to a client machine, and manually run the 5.4.10622 msi from the kbox samba share... It runs, up until it pops up a window saying it cannot find the 5.4.5315 installer that it needs to use to uninstall the old agent. The default location is the kbox samba share, but that only has the new agent in it...

So I'm assuming life can be made grand by somehow being able to place the old installer in there, but how?

Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks,

Sasha

0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Answers

2

I would confirm this with KACE support, but to me it sounds like you have a corrupt MSI for your KACE Agent. Try navigating out to production appliance support and downloading the current agent bundle and see if that helps. I would recommend starting a ticket with KACE support right away!

Answered 04/08/2013 by: GeekSoldier
Red Belt

  • I agree, we updated and turned the autoupdate on and it has been without failures
  • Well, once manually run, and given the location to the old (5.4.5315) installer (I just placed it on an internal fileshare), the new installer completed and checked in fine... So one solution is sneaker-netting the new install, but obviously we bought the Kbox to avoid this.

    I'll download and install the current agent bundle, but does anyone have any other ideas?

    Thanks,
    Sasha
    • If recreation of the original file location in not possible, I have had some success with including the older version of the agent installer in the K1000 'clientdrop' samba share, pushing out a provisioning configuration to remove the old agent, then pushing out another provisioning configuration to install the new agent.

      I also know that my colleague is working on a Kace Agent Kleanup Utility to address any instances of this occurrence. The current version that I have been testing is working for most previous versions, though development continues.

      If your would like to test the current version of the utility in your environment, please open a support ticket at support.kace.com to request the tool.
Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity