Hi,

I'm having some issues with my K1000 box having issues with the hostname and  FQDN not working for provisioning.

I can ping it at k1000 and it's fine, I can ping it at k1000.domain.com. However as soon as I try to access the share it doesn't work. I've tried both k1000 and k1000.domain.com. Using the IP address to access the share works fine though. When I attempt to provision using an IP address rather than a host name it still attempts to use the hostname and still errors out saying it can't access the server.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks,
1 Comment   [ + ] Show Comment

Comments

  • I have the same issue, DNS is fine and it works fine in a browser but not for the network share.
Please log in to comment

Community Chosen Answer

1
Did you get this solved Drave?

I had somewhat similar problem with other Linux boxes before but not on my kbox. I found the error to be in DNS. This actually happened to me twice! Once it was due to not having a matching record in reverse lookup and the second time it was caused by a duplicate record of sorts.

Not sure if that helps but I thought I'd throw that out there. Let us know if its fixed.
Answered 12/29/2014 by: getElementById
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment

Answers

0
Do you have SSO enabled? Check this out:

https://support.software.dell.com/kb/125812

Using the kbox IP address for provisioning should work though...
Answered 12/26/2014 by: jegolf
Red Belt

  • I've read the article; however the document is lacking in it doesn't tell you how to change the FQDN to IP address for agent provisioning. One other note: we found that if you add a period/dot at the end of the FQDN access is available via name - i.e.: \\kbox.yourcompany.com.\client\agent....
  • So I've disabled SSO, just to make sure that's the issue, however I still can't hit the FQDN through Explorer... :/ On the bright side I finally got around to making a script. It's working now if run on the host you're working on. Just have to set it up to allow remote execution.
  • Just an update, I disabled SSO and using host or FQDN still doesn't work. I'll likely be contacting DELL in the near future about this.
Please log in to comment
This content is currently hidden from public view.
Reason: Removed by member request
For more information, visit our FAQ's.

This content is currently hidden from public view.
Reason: Removed by member request
For more information, visit our FAQ's.

0
FYI this is a known bug that's apparently fixed in like 10 updates. Not really though...
Answered 08/21/2015 by: Drave
Orange Senior Belt

Please log in to comment
This content is currently hidden from public view.
Reason: Removed by member request
For more information, visit our FAQ's.

Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity