Following the Asset - Bulk Import wizard and successfully previewing, the update of software labels looks successful. But when I check the Asset, the Software Label is not set and the history shows that Software Label was updated but instead of the name of the software label a " is displayed.

I've checked and the software labels do exist already.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Answers

2

Are you importing thousands of records (rows) at once?  Just asking because I ran into a similar issue with data (and rows) dropping out when I imported tickets into Assets and found the magic number of rows to be 2,998.  Might be worth trying to import just a few rows to see if the data makes it over.

Another thought is to make sure columns are named properly.  The '' typically represents a NULL value, which would lead me to believe it either doesn't like the formatting of the data itself (illegal characters, character limit exceeded, etc) or the column might be getting targeted incorrectly.

If neither of those are the case, I would try importing just a few rows and tweak the data for the software labels, wait to see if anyone else has ideas or call support (bugs happen).

John

Answered 06/08/2012 by: jverbosk
Red Belt

  • no, tested with just one row. The actual update was to 20 rows of data. We only have ~230 Software Assets in total, so shouldn't be pushing the device.

    I used the Asset Import Wizard, ticked the box to say my data contains row headers. Then matched up the two columns, name as the primary key and Labels. The preview looked great, no issues. The import appears to complete successfully with no errors reported by the wizard.
  • Another idea to try would be to just try a few columns, including the Solftware Label column. Test again with just one row and see if it makes it over with just a few columns included. If that works, expand the number of columns from there. If it fails on the Software Label column, try playing with the column name to see if that may be the issue.

    John
Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity