I have build the dialogs for my Installshield Basic MSI project from scratch but I seem to be expericing some odd behaviour when I test them, I'm sure there will be more issues than just this one but the first I come across is on the customer info dialog which prompts for name, company name and email and passes them into public properties with appropriate names.  However when I fill in the customer name field and tab down, the dialog fills the customer name into the other two fields too.  I am using Indirect properties as in some cases the user settings will already be in the properties via a custom action which interrogates legacy ini files, help!

Okay, I've tried deleting the Edit boxes and recreating them and now the companyname one no longer populates from the username but the email one still does from what was typed into the companyname property.

Answer Summary:
Cancel
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Answers

0

I figured it out, for some reason setting the value for email and company in the property table was causing the UI to get confused so I instead created a unique string for the value of both properties and it no longer populates automatically.

Answered 05/31/2012 by: shields_t
Senior Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Share