Getting deployment to run with or without logged on user
I have a couple of deployments configured this way:
- Install Command = msiexec /i packagename.msi /qn (A silent install)
- Managed Action = Execute Anytime (next available)
- Limit to Label = MyLabelForPackage
- Max Attempts = 3
- Deploy Window = 0 to 24
- Allow Snooze = 5 min (Enabled)
- Snooze Message = "Blah Blah, press Install, wait and don't touch anything"
- Snooze Timeout Action = Install Now
- Custom Post-Install Message = Enabled
- Post-Install User Message = "Thanks for not touching anything"
- Post-Intall Message Timeout = 20 Min
If someone is on the computer and presses install or ignores the prompt the install runs fine. If no one is logged in, after about 1/2 a day to 1 day the computer hits the 3 of 3 attempts and is marked as Failed.
I thought that if there was no one logged on the snooze would just time out and run. This does not appear to be the case. How do I get this to run with or without the user logged on?