/bundles/itninjaweb/img/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png
Hi all,

I have a problem that I can't find a solotion to. Maybe someone can help me?!
I'm using Wise Package Studio 8 to create msi.
Until recently I have been using XP as pack-client and it has worked perfect. Now my client is reinstalled with win7 and since then it looks like all my packages includes a lot of crap (both files and reg-keys). I did build a new exclusionlist, but it doesn't seems to make any difference.

Does anyone know if there is something I can do to get more accurate snap-shots?`

Regards
0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Answers

0
I would stick with using XP for packaging, as it's been Best Practise for a while now to use the lowest common denominator.

Having said that, it's a simple enough exercise to add to either the local or global exclusion list as part of the capture process. Personally, I find it quicker to edit the relevant INIs (i.e. %SystemRoot%\WisePSSC.INI and [Server\Share]Repackage.INI) but that's just me.
Answered 09/09/2011 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment