Dell Optiplex 7020 - Unable Mount to Share at \\IKbox\peinst
I am pretty new to the KACE system, please do patient.
I have the imaging system setup so I can image any PC/Laptop fine with drivers except for Dell 7020. When I attempt to image the 7020 I get the following:
Error: Unable Mount to Share at \\IKbox\peinst
Now I feel that it is a driver issue with the Dell 7020. I need to add the driver manually, but I am very unfamiliar with the process on how to do it. Also what driver would you recommend me use?
Answer Chosen by the Author
- Download the relevant K2000 driver pack: https://support.software.dell.com/k2000-systems-deployment-appliance/kb/111717
- Make a backup of your \\k2000\drivers\kbe_windows_x64 and \\k2000\drivers\kbe_windows_x86
- Delete the content of the \\k2000\drivers\kbe_windows_x64 and \\k2000\drivers\kbe_windows_x86
- explode the driver pack on the \\k2000\drivers\ root
- go to the Library -> Drivers and rechache the drivers (from Choose Actions)
- rebuild the KBE using the media manager
- try to boot your Dell 7020 with the new KBE: if it works you're done...if not search for the network drivers for that model, put it under the kbe_* folder (the 32bit in the x86 and the 64bit in x64 folder) and go to the point 5.