I've spent the day trying to build an administrative install point for Adobe Standard 9.2. To make a long story short, I managed to patch 9.0 with 9.1, then managed to patch a copy of that install point with 9.1.2. So far so good. These steps follow the recommendations elsewhere on these boards.

That's where I am now.

The problem comes when I try to patch a 9.1.2 install point with either 9.2, per the recommendation in thread 53769, or with 9.1.3, per the Adobe web site. (For what its worth, Adobe says to patch 9.1.2 with 9.1.3 and then 9.1.3 with 9.2.). In either case, I get the error message:
[blockquote]Product: Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard -- Error 1334.The file 'M_IA32_ppi_910.rtp' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
[/blockquote]Thinking that both 9.2 and 9.1.3 were looking for 9.1, I tried to apply one then the other of the two patches to 9.1, which both failed as I expected.

As for Data1.cab, the file is not changed by any of these patches - the file data and size are the same in every iteration I've made today and is the same as the original CD. The working file is not copied from a CD or across the network; it resides on my working PC.

I'm stumped. Anyone have a suggestion?

Cliff
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
Well, it seems the problem was somehow of my own making. I started with a fresh set of Acrobat 9.0 installations files from the CD and did not run into the problem again.
Answered 10/28/2009 by: ccook13
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I am still having the same problem and the solution ccook13 found isnt helping me alot.
Does someone else know something helpfull?

I have wasted a whole day allready.
Answered 01/18/2010 by: Arvidb
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Answered 01/18/2010 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Yes I allways read the Package KB,s. This time I didn't think I had the right lisence and was trying to patch without a lisence to save time. I will not ever try to save time again. [:@]

I was under the impression that patching before I made the package in LanDesk would reduce install time. Now after finding a solution I am not sure. It installed very quickly. My problem was that upon using the cust. wizard I saved changes in both the .msi file and made a .mst file. This was off course an error by me and caused a lot of problems trying to install with msiexec.exe. (Lisence errors on one hand, patch failure on the other.)

So if you are having the same problem as me, use the patch line and use the transform line in setup.ini. (It works with quotes "", don,t know if you really need them) And use setup.exe if you can. [:D]

CmdLine=TRANSFORMS="file.mst" ADDLOCAL=ALL
PATCH="AcroProStdUpd910_T1T2_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd912_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd913_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd920_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd930_all_incr.msp"
Answered 01/19/2010 by: Arvidb
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
A good rule is to always set the file's read-only attribute on a vendor MSI for which you're creating a transform.
Answered 01/19/2010 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
So after adding the PATCH property to your setup.ini did you deploy the changes using your original GPO? Did you create another GPO?? I am not clear on how to get Group Policy to register that something has changed in the setup.ini. Is this even possible?

I tried adding the package in again as an update, but that did not push the new install including the patches.

Thanks,
-Craig


ORIGINAL: Arvidb

Yes I allways read the Package KB,s. This time I didn't think I had the right lisence and was trying to patch without a lisence to save time. I will not ever try to save time again. [:@]

I was under the impression that patching before I made the package in LanDesk would reduce install time. Now after finding a solution I am not sure. It installed very quickly. My problem was that upon using the cust. wizard I saved changes in both the .msi file and made a .mst file. This was off course an error by me and caused a lot of problems trying to install with msiexec.exe. (Lisence errors on one hand, patch failure on the other.)

So if you are having the same problem as me, use the patch line and use the transform line in setup.ini. (It works with quotes "", don,t know if you really need them) And use setup.exe if you can. [:D]

CmdLine=TRANSFORMS="file.mst" ADDLOCAL=ALL
PATCH="AcroProStdUpd910_T1T2_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd912_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd913_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd920_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd930_all_incr.msp"
Answered 03/02/2010 by: craigw
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity