Adobe Reader 10.1.3 Package deployment using KACE - version number
Hi all, first post on IT Ninja.
I am testing the Dell KACE product and trying to build a deployment package for the Adobe Reader 10.1.3 application.
I have used the Adobe Customization Wizard X tool to modify the msi package after extracting it from the installer and successfully built a package, uploaded to Kace appliance and it deploys as expected.
What is not working is the version number. Despite downloading the 10.1.3 package from the Adobe ftp site, when I modify the package with the Customization wizard and install on a host, the version number shows as 10.1.0 in Windows as well as in Kace.
I am a n00b with package customization and Kace so please pardon me if this is a naive question.
How do you modify the version number using the Customization Wizard?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Community Chosen Answer
Another option is to do an admin install.
1. Copy the source files from the CD to C:\Adobe\Source
2. Create an admin image from C:\Adobe\Source
msiexec /a C:\Adobe\Source\AcroRead.msi
3. Put the admin image in C:\Adobe\Admin_Image
4. Download all updates and save in the corresponding directories:
5. All the updates will be applied to the admin image just created in C:\Adobe\Admin_Image.
*10.0 > 10.1.3
msiexec /a C:\Adobe\Admin_Image\AcroRead.msi /p C:\Adobe\Update\AdbeRdrUpd1013.msp
6. Once the administrative image has been updated, move the files back into the C:\Adobe\Source directory. Select yes to overwrite any files. This will ensure that all the files needed are for the package are present.
7. Download the Adobe Customization Wizard X from here:
8. Use the Adobe Customization Wizard X to create a transform with serial numbers etc.
9. Zip and deploy by calling SETUP.EXE (no switches, the ini will call the mst automatically).