Hi all,

I have scoured the forum for details on packaging up Acrobat 7.0 Pro but it appears you have all achieved it without any issues.

I am trying to create an MST installation through WPS5.51 but when I come to run the package I get an Invalid Serial Number error.

I have ensured all the CA_QV custom actions are commented out and also all the "Unsupported Install Type" as with the MST file I created for Acrobat 6.0. Finally I have also added a copy of the Serial key within the HKLM>Software>Adobe>Acrobat>7.0>Registration key.............

I have also tried using th example command line install via the Package page;
MsiExec.exe /i AcroPro.msi /qb- ISX_SERIALNUMBER=%ISX_SERIALNUM% TRANSFORMS=MyMST.mst EULA_ACCEPT=YES USERNAME="%USERNAME%" COMPANYNAME="%COMPANYNAME%" INSTALLDIR="%INSTALLDIR%"

This successfully installs but as soon as you open the app it states there is an invalid serial number.

This would the normally point to the fact the Serial number is indeed incorrect; unfortunately when you do a bare metal install from the MSI it works as you would expect.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Regards to all.......
Jim
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
I'll try to remember what I can, but I ended up shelving this one before it was completed because the request totally exceeded our license count.

I discovered that you can't just comment out the licensing custom actions. Shortly after this point is when I scrapped my packaging efforts. My GUESS as to why removing the CAs doesn't work is because the custom actions generate an additional registration # based on your license key, or something along that line. When I stopped, I was modifying the conditions of a particular CA (don't remember which one) to always run, because it was passed the key and it processed it. I seemed like that particular CA was necessary to avoid the licensing popup after install.

It's not 100%, but I hope that helped you a bit.
Answered 04/11/2005 by: VikingLoki
Second Degree Brown Belt

Please log in to comment
2
You need to download the Adobe Installashield Tuner from the Adobe site to make your transform and insert the serial number correctly.

Try that and see how you go.
Answered 04/12/2005 by: MSIMaker
Second Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Thanks Jim,

That has worked like a treat.....

Easy when you know how!!

Kind Regards
Jim101
Answered 04/13/2005 by: Jim101
Orange Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I got the software to install (published) using a GPO, but now when you try to do anything at all on the client PC it re-installs.

The only things i changed about the install were the following:
removed shortcuts
removed EULA
removed all language pack except english
disabled updates

I used the tuner from adobe.

any thoughts?
Answered 04/15/2005 by: faber
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Hi Faber,

Have you checked the HKCU registry entries......

I have just had to include the Acrobat 7.0.1 update as the users will be unable to download app updates automatically in the new locked down environment.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Answered 04/19/2005 by: Jim101
Orange Belt

Please log in to comment
0
jim101,

thanks for the reply, but could you elaborate a bit?
Answered 04/19/2005 by: faber
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Hi Faber,

OK I have just had to repackage my Adobe MST file that I have created as it was trying to run a self repair every time Explorer was opened or a new user logged on.

I have taken the drastic action of removing all the HKCU entries from the MST file. I have recompiled and tested using multiple lock down accounts on the same PC and I no longer get the self repair, and still have FULL functionality of Acrobat / Distiller and Designer 7.0.

I don't normally take a machete as such to registry like this but I am happy to say all my. I have also included the changes as you stated in a test MST file and that works fine as well.

I used WPS to open the Adobe MST file that I created using the Adobe turner - long winded but as I am sure you are aware you cannot create a working MST file for Acrobat 7.0 unless you use the tuner.....

I hope this helps
Jim
Answered 04/20/2005 by: Jim101
Orange Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Jim,

Thank you for the detailed reply!!

I tried removing all of the HKCU entries using the adobe tuner, and again with adminstudio, but I just get an error on install "registry99"

i also tried removing the values of all the keys under HKCU but the continuous self repair is still happening.

am i missing something?
Answered 04/20/2005 by: faber
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Hi Faber,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I think I can see where your package maybe causing you this error. Once I created the MST file using the Adobe Install Tailor I then opened the MST file using Wise Package Studio. It was then I was able to remove all the HKCU keys, change the shortcut locations.

I then recompiled the MST using Wise and it works.

If you don't have WPS try using your MSI/MST editor, keep the majority of things standard with the Adobe Install Tailor as I found if you try and get it to do too much it doesn't work......

Cheers
Jim
Answered 04/22/2005 by: Jim101
Orange Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity