Scripting Ninjas is happy to announce Sysprep Creator 3.7.2
Download Link: https://support.software.dell.com/download-install-detail/6062815
Note: KACE Support Credentials are required.
Sysprep Creator is designed to assist with the creation of unattend.xml answer files to be leveraged by Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- Launch Sysprep Creator
- You will be prompted with a UI, choose the OS and Architecture to build an unattend.xml.
- Another UI with a total of 4 tabs appears with settings, which will need to be populated.
- Choose where to save the unattend.xml and if selected in step 2 the sysprep executor.
- Copy the unattend.xml (and sysprep_executor.exe if selected) to the machine in which you wish to sysprep.
Due to Windows permissions, if the unattend.xml file is located at the root of the “System Drive”,
sysprep_executor.exe will not be able to cleanup/delete it.
- Windows 10 support
- Enlarged the UI
- Made UI look more like the K2000
- Added a warning if an unattend.xml file already exists in the location chosen to save
- Added a log file to %systemdrive%\ProgramData\Dell\KACE\Logs
- Sysprep Executor empties the recyle bin and cleans up previous logs/files and archives them in %systemdrive%\ProgramData\Dell\KACE\Logs
- Sysprep Executor Checklist - A checklist designed to make sure that System Imaging Best Practices are being followed according to
-WMP Service should be disabled (query of WMPNetworkSvc Service)
-The Dell | KACE agent should not be installed
-No drive emulation application should exit on the device (Virtual Clonedrive, DAEMON Tools, Magic ISO)
-No antivirus can be detected
Checked via WMI
-VMWare Tools should not be installed
-Bitlocker can not be enabled
Checked via WMI, if protection status is set to 0 on they %systemdrive%
-No reboots can be pending
-Rearm count has to be higher than 1
-See https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/f8c7833b-58f0-43b4-a93a-b1a1689ecaf5/created-windows-7-image-with-expired-sysprep-rearm-count?forum=w7itproinstall and http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2011/05/11/sysprep-skiprearm-and-image-build-best-practices.aspx for more information
-Valid source media must be detected (Not OEM or Retail)
-Machine should not be upgraded from a previous version of Windows
- If the machine has been upgraded, sysprep executor can only quit, it will not sysprep
- If the device has bitlocker is enabled, or antivirus is installed, the user must quit Executor and fix these issues manually
- If none of the above are an issue, but WMP Service is running, VMWare Tools is installed, or drive emulation software is installed, a fix it button will be active.
- If the Fix it button is used, the uninstaller will launch, but will require some interaction from the user to complete the uninstall.
Please report bugs/feature request to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org