When you go to the movies or turn on the TV you are likely to hear music and sounds that were created using our software and sample libraries. With a small and dedicated team, you will develop state of the art music software. Your work will help thousands of artists worldwide to create and perform their music.
We are looking for a motivated, diligent and experienced software engineer to review, develop and ever improve our product installers for Windows and OS X. You will be dealing with the daily routines of the software installation build process, as well as setting up an overall robust, maintainable and future-proof installation and deployment process.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time Ã¢Â€Â¨
- Diligent and detail oriented
- Enthusiastic about audio software
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Self-starting, curious and creative problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and hard-working
- Fast learner who quickly understands the requirements and finds the best solution
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player, able to work independently as well as in a team
- Able to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Good sense of humor and easy going
- Getting Things Done personality
- Hands on experience designing and building software installations is preferred
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Installer tools for example InstallShield, Vise, Windows Installer, or Wise Standard is preferred
- Expert UNIX knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Windows internals, including Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 is preferred
- Expert knowledge of OS X is preferred
- Good understanding of MSI technologies, UAC and process integrity levels
- Good working knowledge of C++, Python, Xcode and Visual Studio is preferred
- Good knowledge of scripting languages like VBScript, AppleScript, shell scripts
- Installation development using Wise Installation Studio, PackageMaker and shell scripting languages.
- Implementation of test routines that ensure the final product quality
- Preparation of DVD, CD and hard disk gold master for replication
- Assisting support and QA in the improvement of software quality.
- Issue logging, tracking, analysis, reporting and management.
- Develop documentation including test plans, installation instructions and internal release notes.
- Participate in software development lifecycle for new and existing products.
- Release control and coordination for multiple products. Coordinate work activities for other team members.
- Active communication with all project stakeholders to understand current issues and to ensure consistent packaging of releases.
- Research and build new installer technologies that focus on speed, efficiency, robustness, positive user experience and future compatibility
- Create or maintain support helper applications written in C++, AppleScript, VB, Python, etc. to complement the installer and the product authorization software.
- Always look for installation and deplayment best practices in the industry and apply those to our products.
- Troubleshooting application integration, deployment and configuration issues
Please send your most recently updated contact information in your reply. Local LA candidates are strongly preferred. Any candidates not local to the LA area must be willing to conduct in-person interviews and relocate for the opportunity. You must be eligible to work for us in the US without the need for visa sponsorship.
Send me a cover letter and a resume to applicants(AT)eastwestsounds.com. Let's talk about this and other Software Engineering Opportunities!Ã¢Â€Â¨ There are multiple open positions, so don't forget to tell your friends who might be interested.Ã¢Â€Â¨