We are currently seeking a Senior SMS/SCCM Administrator for our Administrative Office located in Seattle, WA. The Senior SMS/SCCM Administrator's primary responsibilities will include leading the Desktop Platform Team, hands on development, standardization, and management of all desktop infrastructure including hardware, software deployment, images, and patching standards. This role requires a highly proactive approach and will be expected to lead and drive continual improvements to overall desktop infrastructure optimization while maintaining a highly stable platform.
This position takes responsibility and ownership of the Microsoft SCCM Platform and technical responsibility for managing the desktop related group policy environment. Finally, from time to time this position will take on special project leadership responsibilities as they pertain to new firm-wide system and application evaluations, testing and implementation.
- Lead the desktop platform team
- Develop and execute on enterprise workstation imaging / deployment methodology
- Develop and execute on plan for increasing overall desktop platform optimization and standardization
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use and maintenance of the Microsoft SCCM Platform.
- Oversee group policy including review of existing policies and proposed changes
- Create and manage application deployment objects for new and existing software
- Establish and maintain self-provisioning pool of applications
- Manage deployment of all patches, critical updates and service packs on a timely basis
- Maintain ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolution and general workstation management support
- Provide 3rd level support for the desktop platform
- Work with key platform vendors for support to resolve issues as well as platform strategy development
- Participate in weekly Operations meeting
- Coordinate applications release with Software Solutions and QA teams and business owners
- Coordinate release of patches/critical updates and service packs
- Provide technical assistance to support groups as needed
- Monitor desktop platform helpdesk queue to ensure issues are resolved timely
- Monitor Microsoft SCCM Platform health and mitigate identified problems
- Provide mentoring, guidance and professional development support to others on staff when needed
- Work on special projects as needed
- Provide back-up infrastructure support as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or consummate technical experience
- Experience leading or managing technical teams
- Experience implementing/managing desktop management platform, imaging, software deployment and related technologies
- Direct experience managing / supporting Microsoft SMS/SCCM platform
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Operating SystemÃ¢Â€Â“ MCSE Preferred
- Broad knowledge of desktop technologies and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Experienced in developing and executing on short and long-range IT/IS project plans
- Experience working in both IT team projects and individual projects
- Effective written and verbal communications. Ability to convey technical issues and material to non-technical people (end-users)
Please visit our careers website to upload your resume and apply!
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer.