Install Solutions has released a cool suite of tools. One of them uses WMI to query remote systems for information on files, services, registry keys, etc. Here are a couple of items that make it stand out:
- Simply check boxes for the information you want to collect.
- Import a list of systems to query from Active Directory or feed it a text file list.
- Asynchronous query streams for speeding up the query process.
- It's all WMI so all you need is admin rights on the systems you want to query (and WMI enabled of course).
- It can read a line from a text file as well. This is useful for obtaining information that isn't in the registry but stored in an XML or INI file.
- All of the results are real time and you can export to Excel once it's complete.
I really like this tool for adhoc queries. Most inventory managers don't collect every file or registry key so when you need information quickly this is the tool to use.