The UWM Privilege Manager team is excited to release the beta version of Privilege Manager 3.0 for Windows.
Privilege Manager 3.0 will still be the most cost effective privilege management tool on the market, with additional functionality such as:
- Self Service Elevation - This feature actually prompts the user when an application requires elevated privileges, and if they request elevated rights then a request will be sent to the administrator who can approve or deny it.
- Instant Elevation - This feature allows for select users to perform their own elevations without administrator approval, within controlled parameters, and with tracking of elevation activity for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Enhanced and Simplified Rule Generation - The product now includes the ability to run in discovery mode for a period of time and actually discover which applications are being used which require administrative privileges.
- User Interface and Workflow Improvements - The administrator can now scan workstations to find users that belong to the Local Administrators Group, and then selectively remove them to enforce a least privileged environment. We have also listened to your requests and have added refinements to the setup process, which also includes optional notification for the users when new rules have been applied.
- New Platform Support - Privilege Manager 3.0 introduces support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 for console and servers, and support for SQL Server 2012. In addition to Windows XP and Windows 7 (x86 and x64), the client in the upcoming beta features support for Windows 8 x86, with x64 support to follow in a later release.
Documentation and release notes are included in the beta package which can be downloaded via Privilege Manager Beta Download; please direct all feedback and support during the beta phase to http://privilegeforum.scriptlogic.com/.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.