File Server auditing is a time consuming task and, in case of, large organizations with huge number of employees, it’s almost impossible to keep track of every file opened by users. Native file server auditing is not recommended as it lacks many important features and it doesn’t even have reporting capabilities.
LepideAuditor for File Server (LAFS) is an automated auditing solution for Windows File Servers and NetApp Filers. Using this software, you can control and monitor every change made by any user. It provides powerful reporting features which native auditing tools lack completely.
10 things you should know about LepideAuditor for File Server are:
- The Four W’s of Audit: It gives detail regarding every change along with reports, showing all information like who did what to which content and when this was done.
- Meet Compliance: It helps in meeting compliance requirements like PCI, GLBA, HIPAA, etc. Compliance specific reports allow organizations to practice safe file sharing methods and keep unwanted activities at bay.
- Long-Term Log Storage: It allows long-term storage of logs in SQL databases for permanent storage (as long as you wish). A single captured audit data can be reviewed after a long time and that too without any modification in it.
- Real-Time Auditing: It offers customized real-time auditing of File servers based on time, directory, file, file type and process.
- Persistent Reporting and Scheduling: Get reports over all activities like file open, create, read, delete, etc. You can filter these reports on the basis of different conditions like user, directory, time span, process, events, etc. Administrators can even schedule reports and get automatic delivery of reports in various formats like PDF, DOC, CSV, HTML and TXT.
- Get Instantly Notified: Administrators instantly get notified about any unwanted access to files, folders and permission changes. This allows taking required steps quickly before substantial damage occurs.
- Multiplatform Auditing: It supports multiplatform auditing for Windows and NetApp File Servers. It guarantees complete security by ensuring risk free data sharing.
- Before and After Values: It offers precise "before and after" change details. It provides reports of both old and new values for every change done across the IT department.
- Instant Alert Generation: It generates instant alerts about serious changes. The alerts can be generated through various mediums like SMS, emails and on-screen messages.
- Customize Audit Policy: You can also customize the audit policy on the basis of various elements like File Server name, drive, directory, file name, type, events, process, etc.
LepideAuditor for File Server is available in two versions, Freeware Edition and Enterprise Edition. You can audit File Servers and monitor file integrity by downloading a free trial of LepideAuditor for File Server. It’s fully functional for 15 days. You can download it from here: http://www.lepide.com/file-server-audit/