- Summary: The SNMP feature on the KACE K1000 appliance allows for remote monitoring of the K1000. If you have a Master SNMP client configured on another machine, it can send GET, GETNEXT and GETBULK requests to the KACE K1000 appliance and have the appliance return the requested information. The SNMP daemon on the KACE K1000 appliance uses the standard UDP port 161, and cannot be configured. The daemon can not be configured to broadcast using TRAP and INFORM methods.
- Symptoms: Unaware of the SNMP monitoring feature
- Cause: Unaware of the SNMP monitoring feature
- Steps to resolve issue:
This can be enabled in the KACE K1000 appliance series server by doing the following:
1. Go to K1000 Settings -> Security Settings
2. Enable SNMP Monitoring by checking on it.