1. Login to the K1000 and click on Scripts.
2. With Scripts highlighted click on the drop down arrow next to Choose Action and click New.
3. The Script Details page is displayed.
4. Enter a Name and add a description.
5. In the Deploy section, select the Device you would like the Log Enablement Package to be imported to and
select Microsoft Windows as the operating system.
6 Leave the Windows Run As default on Local System or configure it to log on as another user. The
Notify section is optional.
7. Set the desired schedule or leave it on None because the Run Now option will be executed at the end. In the Dependencies section import the Log Enablement Package.
8 In the Task section set On Failure to Break. Under Verify select Run a Batch File and copy this command line.
mkdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Kace\Monitoring\LEP"
Copy WSR_Processor_Alerts.xml "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Kace\Monitoring\LEP\WSR_Processor_Alerts.xml"
The Log Enablement Package will be copied to the newly created directory. Include a copy command for each Log Enablement Package
added. Check Wait For Completion so that the Log Enablement Package are copied to the newly created location before
they are imported. Save Changes to confirm the Verify section. In the On Success section select Run a
Batch File and copy the following code.
logman import WSR_Processor_Alerts -xml "C:\Program Files
logman update alert -el -n WSR_Processor_Alerts
logman start WSR_Processor_Alerts
Add these three command lines for each Log Enablement Package you would like to import and remember to update the Log Enablement Package name(red text). Check Wait For Completion,
even though it is not necessary it is best practice.
9. Click Save Changes to save the batch file commands.
10. To Run this KScript navigate to the Script page add a check next to the KScript you would like to run,
then select the down arrow next to Choose Action and select Run.
11. The Run Now Status page is displayed which gives the time the script was ran, the name of the
script and whether it was Targeted, Pushed, Running, Succeeded, Failed, Completed, and its Success
12. On the client ensure the directory C:\Program Files(x86)\Dell\KACE\Monitoring\LEP was created and the Log Enablement Package copied.
13. Then go to Start->Run and type perfmon. The Log Enablement Package should be imported and started under Data Collector Sets->User Defined.