HOW TO TRACK MAILS AND OTHER ITEMS IN MICROSOFT OUTLOOK??
Microsoft outlook is generally used as an email client, but in addition to this it provides many additional features that are not provided by any other email client. One of the following feature is “TRACKING”. User can keep a record of every item that is being tracked by him. User of outlook can track their mails by using tracking options provided in Microsoft outlook. Now the concern is how to use or we can say enable these tracking options?
It is not very difficult. User needs to follow some simple steps and can enable tracking options in their Microsoft outlook also. Tracking plays important role because it provides you with the acknowledgment that whether the mail is delivered or not and also whether it is read by the recipient or not. So to maintain a record of your delivered and received mails, you can enable tracking options in your outlook.
DELIEVERY OR READ REPORT:
· The delivery report specifies that a message sent by you is delivered to the recipient mailbox. So if you enable the option of “get delivery report” in your outlook account , then you will get an acknowledgment after sending a message.
· The read report option specifies that whether the message or email is read by the recipient or not. If you enable the option of “get read report” then after the message was read or opened by recipient you will be acknowledged through a message.
Now the question arises is how to enable/disable these settings?
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED TO ANABLE TRACKING OPTIONS IN MICROSOFT OUTLOOK :
1. Open the Microsoft outlook on your PC.
2. Click on the “tools” button in the above menu bar of your outlook.
3. Clicking on “ tools” is followed by further clicking on the “options” button.
4. Now a popup window will appear. So you need to click on “email options”.
5. Again a window will be opened. Now a button will appear with a name “tracking options”. Click on it.
6. Another window will appear. It will be consisting of two sections.
· The above section will ask the details regarding the acknowledgments you want to receive about sending mails from recipients. It includes options such as: process request and responses on arrival, process receipts on arrival etc. and also delivery report and read the report.
· The below section consists of the options on how to send the response on receiving mails from others. It includes options such as : always send a response , never send a response and ask me before sending a response.
The above mentioned option contain a checkbox. Mark /Unmark according to your requirements. And this is how you can track your mails in Microsoft outlook.