Step 3: Package the Application
For legacy installations use Repackager to perform repackaging.
- Prepare the test image.
- Prepare your repackaging tools.
- Monitor the legacy installation using Repackager.
- In Repackager fields, enter the application name, version, and so forth.
- Follow the steps outlined in installation instructions.
- Save Repackager output to the development system.
- Convert the Repackager output to an MSI package.
- For advanced customizations, use InstallShield Editor and complete the following:
- Open the .ism file (created by Repackager) in InstallShield Editor.
- Make the required changes.
- Build the updated MSI package.
For a basic customization project, use Tuner and/or InstallShield Editor.
- Use Tuner and/or InstallShield Editor to create the response transform (.mst file).
- Perform prevalidation.
- Make the required customizations.
- Save the transform.
For an advanced customization project, scope and execute the required steps:
- Scope the required steps.
- Execute the required steps.