The 4.8 version delivers full CD/DVD Autorun support, complete with a Vista-compliant Autorun launcher. Other Windows Vista installer improvements are Default Programs support, digitally signing patches and enabling least-privileged patching without UAC prompts.
JAR files can now be packed using Pack200. Coupled with the advanced LZMA compression, this method can reduce the size of compressed code archives to as low as 20% of the original size. The Java launcher gains the ability to use the Java 6 native splash screen API, if available.
Searching for prerequisites is greatly improved with with the ability to specify multiple criteria concerning file versions, product versions, registry keys or values and even searching with a custom executable.
- CD/DVD Autorun support
- Support for digitally signing patches
- Enabling least-privileged user account patching without UAC prompt on Vista
- Windows Vista Default Programs support
- For Java: support for Pack200 compression yielding over 80% JAR file size reduction
- For Java: support for Java 6 native splash screen
- Additional prerequisite search options
- Added support for displaying PatchWiz v4.0 log in build log
Advanced Installer Enterprise costs USD $499.
More details can be found at: