Adobe has released Adobe AIR 126.96.36.1990 to address vulnerabilities that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Adobe recommends users update their product installations to Adobe AIR 188.8.131.520. More information in APSB13-21.
Adobe has an MSI package available for download. These are the steps to deploy:
- Download the 'Adobe AIR 3.8 Installer' from Adobe's website.
- The 'AdobeAIRInstaller.exe' is just a compressed file packaged as a bootstrapper (which on itself can also be used with the switches '-silent' and '-eulaAccepted'), which can be extracted by e.g. using WinRAR. I've tried different WinZIP versions, but WinZIP doesn't seem to recognize how this file was compressed. Inside the 'AdobeAIRInstaller.exe' you will find the 'setup.msi' MSI package.
- In order to configure AIR, Adobe supports several policy related registry keys under HKLM\Software\Policies\Adobe\AIR. These keys are discussed in details on Adobe's website in the 'Adobe AIR Administrator’s Guide' in a chapter called 'Adobe AIR Configuration':
- AppInstallDisabled (Preventing installation of AIR applications)
- UntrustedAppInstallDisabled (Preventing installation of untrusted AIR applications)
- UpdateDisabled (Preventing automatic updates to Adobe AIR)