Looking for a solution how to import Entourage mail to Thunderbird? Did not find any solution? No need to worry. This article speaks about both manual & professional method to import Entourage database to Thunderbird. In addition, it also offers different ways to export Entourage to Thunderbird for Mac and Windows OS.
The Entourage has many issues when compared with Mozilla Thunderbird. One of the major problems with Entourage is with its design. It seems like Entourage does not follow the Mac conventions and its whole GUI is very complex to understand. Among all, only a little part of the interface is customizable. In addition, it is difficult for the users to manage messages in it as it has some maintenance issues also. Considering all these drawbacks, users want to switch to some other application. One of the most relevant solution is import Entourage database to Thunderbird on Mac or Windows based on user's choice. After performing Entourage to Thunderbird migration, a user can access MBOX files anytime via Mozilla Thunderbird with many advance features like Export feature. Moreover, MBOX format is supported by many other email application also on Linux, Mac & Windows OS. Therefore, it will be beneficial if a user import Entourage mail to Thunderbird.
Consider the following scenarios related to Entourage to Thunderbird Migration:
“I am having Mac platform at my home, which has Entourage application installed on it for emailing service. But, I want to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird because Entourage interface is really hard to understand. It is becoming difficult for me to manage so many messages in it. Can anyone out there suggest me some solution to export Entourage mail to Thunderbird on Mac? It will be a great help!!
“I have received a MBOX file of Entourage email client in a USB drive by my colleagues. However, I am working on Mozilla Thunderbird, so want to import Entourage mail to Thunderbird on Windows. Is there any easy and effortless solution available to migrate from Entourage to Thunderbird for Windows?”
Approaches to Perform Entourage to Thunderbird Migration
Mozilla Thunderbird is a type of application, which is supported by both Windows and Mac OS. Therefore, methods to migrate from Entourage to Thunderbird is also different for both the platforms. It totally depends on the user on which he/ she wants to migrate, we have discussed solution for both Mac & Windows platform.
Approach 1: Import MBOX file of Entourage to Thunderbird Mac
In order to migrate from Entourage to Thunderbird on Mac platform follow the steps mentioned below:
Point to Remember: Before beginning the Entourage to Thunderbird migration process, it is always suggested to backup of the MBOX files. It is because the manual solutions are mostly are prone to data loss.
Step 1: Export MBOX File from Mac Entourage Application
1. First of all, open Entourage on the local machine
2. After that, move towards the folder list panel of Entourage and select the folder that is to be exported in MBOX format
3. Then, you need to Drag & drop the selected folder from Entourage to the Apple desktop
4. Now, repeat step 1-3 for each sub-folder of Entourage to create MBOX file.
Step 2: Move Entourage MBOX File to Thunderbird Mac
1. To begin, open Apple Mail application on the Mac machine
2. Then, navigate to File tab >> Import Mailboxes option
3. After that, select the MBOX file to import it in Apple Mail and click on Continue button
4. Click on Browse button to locate Entourage MBOX file and click on the Choose button
5. As all items from MBOX file are imported successfully, click on the Done button to close the window
6. Now, open Mozilla Thunderbird on Mac platform and click on three-line box from the RHS of the window
7. Then, go to Tools >> Import option
8. Next, you need to select Mail option from the displayed options and then, click on Next button
9. After that, choose Apple Mail and click on Next to continue
10. From the LHS of the Thunderbird, look for a folder named as Apple Mail Import and see all your emails on Mac Thunderbird application Here, see all emails in Mac Thunderbird.
Solution 2: Export Entourage to Thunderbird on Windows
Point to Remember: Extract MBOX file from Entourage application by following the extraction steps discussed in above section.
To export Entourage mail to Thunderbird on Windows platform, there is a complex manual available, which is really hard to perform. Therefore, a user is advised to switch to some professional solution like SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard application. It is a Windows oriented application used to import MBOX file to Thunderbird application. It supports MBOX file of all applications like Entourage, Mac Mail, EarthLink, etc., that creates MBOX file. It is a simple, easy and effortless solution to import Entourage mail to Thunderbird. In addition, the software is designed in such a manner that import unlimited number of MBOX file without any hassle.
Benefits of Thunderbird Import Wizard:
1. Allows to import multiple MBOX files to Thunderbird in bulk.
2. 2 different options to add file i.e. Select File(s) & Select Folder(s).
3. Export all emails from MBOX file along with the attachments.
4. Provide date-based filter option to import selective data from MBOX file.
5. Application is compatible with all editions of Microsoft Windows OS.
6. It preserves data integrity and on-disk folder hierarchy even after migration.
The Final Note
At the end of the day, it totally depends on the choice of users what they want to do. If a user wants to import Entourage database to Thunderbird Mac, then there is no need of a commercial solution. However, when it comes to import Entourage Mail to Thunderbird on Windows OS, the manual is not at all a good option, especially when there is a large amount of data. Therefore, to have a simple, fast and easy approach, a user can use SysTools Thunderbird Importer application on Windows OS machine. It is having a significant set of features to import Entourage mail toThunderbird application.
A Brief Overview of Jet Error 501
Sometimes, while mounting the data in the Exchange database an error occurs in the server namely error 501 jet_errlogfilecorrupt. The main cause that leads to the generation of this error is corrupt log files. To resolve the error users have two ways: one is the manual approach and the other one is automated solution. In the article, we will be describing the main cause of Jet error 501 in Exchange, solutions to resolve the error by using built-in utility or expert solution.
Why Does Unexpected Error 501 jet_errlogfilecorrupt Occur?
The main reason behind the error is corruption in the log files. Moreover, the error occurs as there is some data loss, corruption in the header section of log files, or infected log file. Due to jet error 501 in Exchange Server, users are restricted to load the data in the database.
Check Whether the Log File is Corrupted or Not
Corruption in log files leads to Server error 501. Mentioned below are few points using which one can make sure that whether the log file is corrupted or not.
- Run the command prompt window on display screen
- Next, run Eseutil inbuilt utility by typing a command: eseutil /ml Enn
- If operation terminates with error 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt (log file is corrupt) message it means the log file is damaged.
2 Ways to Resolve the Jet Error 501 Easily
In the section mentioned, the users will get to know regarding how to resolve Server Error 501 using inbuilt utility and an automated solution.
Way1: Manual Method
One can resolve the error 501 in Exchange server from the backup of the damaged or corrupted log file. To fix this, one should remove the damaged or corrupted log file from the database of the Exchange server and then one can restore the server from the backup files. Once this process is complete, one needs to run eseutil.exe command to make the log file again. Mentioned below are few points through which one can restore the corrupted or damaged log file and fix the error 501 jet_errLogFileCorrupt easily.
1. Find replica of log files backup: The very first step one should follow is found the backup replica of damaged log files from the working condition of backup. If one is falling short of the corrupt backup log files, one can recover then one can easily recover it by using the inbuilt utility or any other 3rd party tool.
2. Corrupted log files Deleted: If a user has the backup replica of the corrupted log file, then he/she should discard the damaged log files from the database of the Exchange Server.
3. Recover Deleted log file: Once the corrupted log files are deleted from the Exchange server, the next step one should follow is to restore the deleted log file of Microsoft Exchange from backup files. Once this kind of files is recovered, a temporary file namely restore.env is generated all the times. The file thus generated removes the jet error 501 from the log files easily.
4. Run built-in utility i.e., Eseutil: The next step one should follow is to run the Eseutil command to make the log files time and again. The command one should follow to remake the log files is mentioned below:
Eseutil/cc path of the restore end
The command mentioned above will repair the corrupted or damaged log file. Moreover, it will also delete the temporary file i.e., restore.env.
Using these commands one can easily escape the error 501 JET_errLogFileCorruption.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method:
As the users know that a solution must have a flaw. Same occurs in the case of Exchange Server Error 501. Mentioned below are few problems that are encountered while resolving the Jet error 501.
- The process is very much time consuming and lengthy
- To recover a hard drive by Use utility is difficult task
- It becomes very difficult to perform the task as it is complicated
Way 2: Automated Solution
As the above-mentioned method is very difficult to perform as it is very time consuming and lengthy process. So, one should try the Exchange Server log Analyzer tool to perform the task magnificently. The automated utility is so well designed that it can resolve the issue in a single shot. The tool can repair corrupt Exchange log file gracefully and there is no scope of Jet error 501 in it.
One of the major reasons behind Exchange Server error 501 is the corruption in log files. This makes it impossible for users to mount the data files into Microsoft Exchange database. Availability of the manual method to fix error 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt may prove to be helpful for users up to some extent. However, to rectify it quickly, it is recommended to use a third party utility. One such tool available for this is Exchange Server Log Analyzer, as mentioned above. It makes the process of fixing the error less complicated and fast
- 2GB size limitation in older Outlook versions
- Sudden cut in power supply
- Hardware-related issues