1) Add the license key in the following registry key (string) with the license key as the value (without hyphens).
HKLM\Software\[Manufacturer]\TrackLogs Digital Mapping v3\Settings\V3AuthCode
2) Set the Reboot property to ReallySuppress
3) Set the DWord value HKLM\Software\[Manufacturer]\TrackLogs Digital Mapping v3\Settings\Configured to 1, so the user isn't prompted to import maps on launch.
4) Install Tracklogs on a computer, import all your maps, then add the resulting .idx and .dat files to your package in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\tracklogs\data. If you add more maps at a later stage, you'll need to update these two files in your package.
5) There seems to be a bug with the save location for Favourites/Routes. Tracklogs grabs the shell folder for My Documents and appends \Tracklogs\Favourites and \Tracklogs\Routes respectively. If your users' My Documents location is redirected to the root of a (mapped) drive, eg H:\ , Tracklogs will append \Tracklogs\Favourites to the path, resulting in the invalid path H:\\Tracklogs\Favourites.
The workaround is to copy %userprofile%\Application Data\TrackLogs\Config\Userconfig.xml of an existing installation, correct the Favourites and Routes paths by removing the additional slash, then transform it into your package. When the user launches the app for the first time, the userconfig.xml should be repaired into the user's appdata.
6) Purely for tidiness, I moved the maps data folder from the all users profile, to program files\tracklogs\data. The system folder in userconfig.xml needs to be ammended accordingly (eg program files\tracklogs - the application will append \data).
Questions & Answers related to TrackLogs Tracklogs Digital Mapping
Blog posts related to TrackLogs Tracklogs Digital Mapping
Links related to TrackLogs Tracklogs Digital Mapping
Reviews related to TrackLogs Tracklogs Digital Mapping
By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent
Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our
websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our
efforts, please visit