I did this with Wise Package studio in a similar way to the package for the installer service upgrade, except using the binary table:
1) Create a new MSI project
2) Using MSI Script and select the tab called "Execute Deferred"
3) Before the installfinalize section, add the command to "Execute Program From Installation"
4) Select the Windows SP2 Upgrade .exe file (to be executed from binary table)
5) Enter extra command line arguments - /quiet and /norestart
6) From the Properties tab and select:
Inscript options: Deferred execution - system context
Processing: Synchronous, ignore exit code
Blog posts related to Microsoft Platform SDK Windows XP
Links related to Microsoft Platform SDK Windows XP
Reviews related to Microsoft Platform SDK Windows XP
By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent
Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our
websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our
efforts, please visit