1) The Google Chrome download is a 474K bootstrapper that downloads the setup bits. The Full Offline Installer can be downloaded from : http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/149.27/chrome_installer.exe
2) As its a non-MSI extractor, which installs silently...took a setup cature of it...
3) Google Chrome is a per-user application. It even installs in the per-user LocalAppDataFolder(which is weird), Hence introduced Active Setup registry in my package to facilitate a per user install...and the installation works fine...
Google's Chrome browse using a sandboxing technology which is not currently compatible with ThinApp (which also provides sandboxing)
I found you can disable Chrome's sandboxing mechanism using "--no-sandbox" command-line parameter and then it works under ThinApp. So here is a temporary solution:
1. During packaging process, after installing Google Chrome, add an extra shortcut to the startmenu that contains the Target command "Chrome.exe --no-sandbox"
2. Make sure to select this EXE as user-accessible entry point
Optionally, if you have the package already captured you can edit package.ini like this
By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent
Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our
websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our
efforts, please visit