Vendor InstallShield extracts MSI for both the Excel addin and the main installation files.
The application search for a license file called PLStudio in %ProgramFiles%\Energy Solutions\Pipeline Studio 3.31\PLStudio. This license fil is simply a text file with the license code. The bitlock number provided by vendor along with license key is only relevant for the standard installation and are not listed in any other file or registry key.
If you are using a license server you can either set the environment variable LSFORCEHOST under launch of the application or set Tgnet, TGNETandTLNET and Tlnet registry values in HKCU\Software\Energy Solutions International\Pipeline Studio\3.31\Licensing\License Servers. Note that if you do use the environment variable to set the license server you must set the "Warn if TZ set" value in HKCU\Software\Energy Solutions International\Pipeline Studio\3.31\Warnings to 0 instead of 1. If not, PipelineStudio will complain upon each launch that you use the environment variable instead of registry.
As I said, the InstallShield launcher extracts a Excel addin MSI package. Installing only this without edits will not work, you have to do the following edits to make it work perfectly:
1) Add PLSReport.xlt to %AppData%\Microsoft\Templates\Pipeline Studio
2) Add Pipeline Studio.xla to %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Library (change OFFICE11 to whatever version of Office you are using)
3) Change the PIPELINESTUDIO_3.1 directory to "PipelineStudio 3.31" so it will install in the correct, create a new directory row called PLSTUDIO5 and put PIPELINESTUDIO_3.1 as parent. The DefaultDir should be "PLStudio". Finally set REPORTING6 to directory parent PLSTUDIO5.
4) Remove ISVerifyScriptingRuntime in InstallUISequence
5) Add "[#Pipeline_Studio.xla]" to the next available OPEN-value in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options (where 11.0 is the Office version)
Questions & Answers related to Energy Solutions PipelineStudio
Blog posts related to Energy Solutions PipelineStudio
Links related to Energy Solutions PipelineStudio
Reviews related to Energy Solutions PipelineStudio
By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent
Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our
websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our
efforts, please visit