OK, so has anyone else noticed that using the now function under XP SP3 produces the date in American format, whereas SP2 didn't?

All the regional settings in control are set to UK but running "msgbox now" on SP2 produces 04/02/2010 but on SP3 we get 2/4/2010

I did notice that WSH version in SP2 is 5.6 but in SP3 it's 5.7 so I guess it's not picking up the regional settings correctly...

Presumably this will fix it - just going to give it a try but was interested to hear if anyone else had noticed... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951978

0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity


Yes! I never bothered to check whether it was due to SP3 because I have now left the client where I noticed it and I also routinely convert all dates to either quasi-ISO format (YYYYMMDDHHMMSS) or to WMI format precisely to bypass this sort of nonsense.

Rob, somewhere, I have a function which you can throw Now into and it will return an array with the year, month and so on as elements, using Year(strDate), Month(strDate) and so on. If you want I can see if I can locate it but I'm sure a man of your calibre could knock it up quicker than it'd take me to get it to you.
Answered 02/04/2010 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
The kind of problems that could be caused by this make me shudder.

Anyways, the patch works (even before the reboot) as does the SetLocale(2057) 'workaround'

Can't wait for PowerShell to become the norm... [;)]
Answered 02/04/2010 by: MSIPackager
Third Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment