What is the stepwise procedure for repackaging an application using AdminStudio?
I am doing on a project.
Install Repackager onto a clean PC. Clean being one twith the OS and service packs but no apps.
Decide if you are going to use installation monitoring or single or multiple snapshots. You decision will be determined by the app you are capturing and what changes you need to make (licensing, custom files etc).
Compile the ism file
Open the ism file in InstallShield and make any changes needed.
Compile the app to make an MSI.
Test your msi.
Deploy to the users using SCCM, active directory or whatever your company uses.
I would say,
- Install adminStudio
- create share for Repackager
- run Repackager remotely on the 'clean machine'
- Do NOT use the monitoring option, use snap shot, then the two step version.
do the same steps for ALL captures, then you dont have to think, is this a simple one, hard one, 2 changes to make or 150....
- definitely convert IRP to and ISM (Copy the output files to a network share, and back up the 4 FILES, not all the folders)
read lots of things about what to exclude and what can be left in a package...
- Then build the ISM to an MSI
- Test, test and test again.