What is the correspondence between Smart Label and Label?
When creating a Smart Label with Device connect is true, the number of devices with the same label is different. What is the correspondence between Smart Label and Label? How long will it be synchronized? If I want only the connected computer to execute Patch or Script every day, how can I create a Smart Label and use them?
When I use Smart Label to query the connected quantity of the host, it will be the instant quantity, but the quantity of labels with the same name is different. Is the number of labels with the same name the same as the Smart Label at the time?
There are some types of labels.
1. Manual Labels (labels) (example: Administrators) are updated, if YOU (or anyone who has the rights to do so) modify them (add a user or a device or remove some)
2. LDAP Labels (example: Users) are labels which are imported from your Active Directory (or any other LDAP server) and contain a filter all users or items from your LDAP contained in this label. The labels are updated if a change happens in the SMA. As an example a new user is logging in into the SMA using its LDAP credentials and all labels he should belong to are updated so he has all the rights he should have on the appliance.
3. Smart Labels (example: Devices) are updated as soon an item which should belong to the label (or should not) is contacting the appliance. A device which has the ip 10.10.10.44 is checking in and your label contains all systems with an IP starting 10.10.10. so the device is added to this label. If the same device checks in from 192.168.44.2 it goes out of the label above. If you do a label test which you should do when you create one the DB is queries but not the real results, which means, after saving a new label it is empty and will be filled as soon as the systems check in.
- Manual Labels (labels) are static. Therefore, you have to update them manually.
- Device LDAP label criteria are evaluated at device check-in.
- Device Smart label (SQL) criteria are evaluated at device check-in.
- User LDAP label criteria are evaluated at the user login.
- User Smart label (SQL) criteria are evaluated at the user login.