Using the Kill kpatch.exe Script
I am trying to find the best way of killing the above process as and when required. I found these instructions below but when I run it the script either fails with the following error:
Running as SYSTEM
Couldn't kill process (fail) : kpatch.exe
or just sitting there saying the script is running.
kaptch.exe appears to be killed off but Kace does seem to update this on the patching schedule screen
Method 1 (Recommended) - Using the K1000 scripting module
- Click Scripting | Choose Action | Add New Item
- Give the script a name - Kill kpatch.exe
- Click Deploy to All machines. Specify only your Windows machines.
- Normally this wouldn't be a good practice, but since we want to make sure to get all machines in your environment, and do it quickly, this is OK.
- Under Policies or Job rules, click Add Task Section.
- Under On Success, click Add.
- In the Add New Step drop down, click Kill a Process.
- In the name box, type Kpatch.exe
- Save and run your script.
Be the first to answer this question