Upload of files for Post Install Task
What is the maximum file size the can be uploaded for a Managed install on the K1000?
We are trying to script some apps into the install and don't currently have a K1000, so it has to go on the K2000.
For those that don't want to watch the whole video here a trascript of a slide that I found useful:
Option 3: Modify an uploaded file using the Resources Tab (Sambe Share).
Useful for local delivery to each target machine, as K1000 normally would.
Potentially useful for remote users where network access is less available.
1. Upload a small file to the software record you want to ultimately have installed (Adobe CS5, AutoCAD, etc.)
2. Using the Resources tab on the 1000 (Settings -> Resources), export the record to the samba share.
3. Download the file from \\k1000\client
4. Open it with 7zip
5. Locate the file within the ZIP that you uploaded to the K1000 in Software-##.kpkg\Sofware-#\PAYLOAD\
6. Add your ZIP of the large installer and remove the other file.
7. Save the package.
8. Upload the package to \\K1000\clientdrop
9. Import the modified file using the Resources tab on the K1000
10. Set up the MI as usual if a ZIP file is used (Configure manually, and provide full Command Line).
Note- Similar could be done with a script on the K1000, or Post Installation task on the K2000. For K2000 use "Packlage Management" (Previously "Export") tab instead of "Resources", Samba share on K2000 is \\K2000\Restore
I have since written a doco explaining how to do this on a K2000. It should be similar on the K1000.
http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/creating-a-large-post-installation-task-on-a-dell-kace-appliance - Dunc the Punk 10 years ago
so that the conversation will remain readable.