Symantec Endpoint Protection uninstall script is not working properly on some computers.

I used the K1000 Script configuration policy for uninstall to setup a silent uninstall of SEP. On some computers it runs exactly as intended. On others after the script runs SEP no longer shows up in KACE inventory or in Programs & Features on the target computer but SEP is still installed and running.  It seems the program ID information is being removed from the target computers but the software itself is not being uninstalled.

The target computers have the latest K1000 agent installed, and are Win 10 x64 though they are on different releases of the OS.

Has anyone seen this before? Ideas?

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (1)

Posted by: Hobbsy 3 years ago
Red Belt

You don’t say what command is actually running to try the uninstall, there are a number of options. If you go to the software inventory item for SEP you will find an uninstall command, have you tried that command on the machines giving you trouble? 

  • I thought it was implied since I used the scripted configuration policy that it was using the uninstall command for that specific version of the software. That's what I'm using but I'm seeing it work on some computers, not at all on others, and on some others it removes the information so KACE and Control Panel on the computer thinks it's uninstalled but the software is still on the computer and still running at times. - ScottAday 3 years ago
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ