Sophos Update Path
Has anyone had any luck with getting their Sophos update path? I've found the update server in the registry, but it does not return the path. Their have been some recent Sophos hiccups ( http://www.itninja.com/link/sophos-advisory-shh-updater-b-false-positives ), and we're trying to get them all corrected. So far over 95% of our machines are working correctly since we've applied a patch. With about 1,400 more still not updating.
My current script checks for a string "Download of Sophos AutoUpdate failed from server http://server.domain.org/CIDs/S009/SAVSCFXP/" and if it exists then it returns a text file that Kace inventories, and I have a report ran on it.
It looks like now there are more broken paths so I'm needing something that will look for "Download of Sophos AutoUpdate failed from server _______________________________________" and have the script fill in the blank in the text file.
Hopefully that makes sense. In my head it does.
I ended up using the below to query a XML file with the config info.
set xmlDoc=CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") xmlDoc.async="false" xmlDoc.load("C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\status\status.xml") strQuery = "/Status/UpdateLocationStatus/UpdateLocation/Config/Server/Address/Path" Set colNodes = xmlDoc.selectNodes( strQuery ) For Each objNode in colNodes WScript.Echo objNode.nodeName & ": " & objNode.text Next