I have a question as far as software distribution is concerned.
Currently, if I have a 'working' install, it wont install, the only time the KACE will show me anything on the computer being logged in is if the install is incorrect and it shows me a bad path.
1) Add in software 'Software Name' + a .bat to the network install.
2) Inside software Distribution.....
- Make a new one.
- Name: Software Name install
- Software: one I previously added
- The File:
net use x : \\path\to\my\share /user:user password /y
msiexec.exe /i "x:\path\to\the\msi.msi /qb OTHERFLAGS
net use x: /d /y
- Override Default Install
- Don't prepend msiexec.exe
Then.. I choose the devices and a proper deployment window. If I restart my test machine, nothing works. Even if I go and do this with an msi instead of a bat, not working.
Anyone have any advice with this? Previous advice given here has been extremely useful, so thank you in advance!
Please log in to answer
Posted by: nshah 4 years ago
So a little hard to follow:
Here is the process
1. Go to Inventory > Software and find the title of the software you want to install
2. Open title and select the OS you want to install it on
3. Upload your batch file that you are going to use to install the application
4. Go to Distribution and do a Choose Action > New
5. Name Distro
6. Select Execute Anytime from the drop down
7. Select Override Default Installation and enter just the name of the batch file you uploaded and select do not pre-pend msiexec.exe
8. Then select your target system
9. For testing, enable the Pre install message and post install so you can see when the distribution triggers
10. Save and force your target machine to check in
If those are the steps you did then check the batch file you wrote by double clicking on it and see if it runs.