KACE Product Support Question
Service Desk Ticket Field Setup Question
06/06/2017 899 views
Hi Guys, I'm in the process of setting up the service desk feature of my K1000 appliance. I'm running into some issue, I hope someone can help me out.
1. Is there a way to automatically assign the submitter of the ticket to become owner of the ticket? Our user normally called into our help desk hotline, and
our help desk staff normally pick up the call and enter the ticket themself. So they are usually the owner of the ticket as well.
2. Can attach knowledge base article feature when creating new ticket be removed?
3. Can the custom ticket fields we defined to be moved to the top of ticket creation page? (Above comments and title)
Community Chosen Answer
Please log in to answer
1. You can accomplish number one using a custom ticket rule. Start with the rules wizard and then update the SQL code appropriately. If you aren't familiar with SQL feel free to post follow up questions here. On a bigger note, I would recommend that you train the helpdesk staff to set the submitter to the person actually submitting the ticket instead of leaving it as themselves.
2. It appears to be part of the Comment form and can't be removed. If your users don't have access to the knowledge base then the dropdown does not appear, however.
3. Yes, you can change the order of the fields using the Customize Fields and Layout link on the Queue Details page.
Answered 06/07/2017 by: chucksteel