Scheduled Reboot of Laptops
I tried searching ITNinja but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. My company would like to have a script scheduled in KACE SMA to do the following:
1. Send a reboot command that will reboot the laptops at a given time (i.e., 3 hours).
2. The script should pop up a message so that the users can see it and they can save their work
3. A timer that will countdown how many more hours/minutes left before the laptops do the force reboot. Also, another reminder pop up message 1 hr before the reboot so it will remind them.
4. If possible, in the script, if there's a way they can bypass for another 4 hours if they don't want it rebooted at the 3 hr mark.
The only script I have is using the shutdown command but it pops up with a reminder 2 minutes before it reboots their laptops. We would like it to remind in 1 hr.
This is what we have right now. I was hoping someone could help me with a script, as I am not very advanced when writing scripts (ps1 or .bat file that are too complicated).
With the Notify-Message you do really what you want:
Timeout means: how long does it show the popup until it goes into Timeout-Action.
Snooze Duration means: How long does it not annoy the user.
So you can set this with your times.
It follows the following procedure:
2. If OK->Script is running
If Snooze -> follow the procedure
3. Popup is closed for Snooze Duration time
4. go to 1