/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Rightfax 8.7 and SMS 2.0

Gday all

Has anyone have any experience with deploying Rightfax 8.7 via SMS2.0? Following instructions on this site and the Captaris site, it works fine when run manually, or even when deployed via Altiris (which we only did as a test after SMS was failing) but via SMS 2, it fails to add the fax configuration details for all users.

Log files show that it is installing without errors, and that all properties are being passed through as specified... anyone got any ideas?

SMS runs a batch file which then runs the setup.exe - the setup.ini contains:

/qn SERIALNUM=******** RFSERVERNAME=vfnzfax INSTALLLEVEL=1 INSTALL_FAXCTRL=TRUE INSTALL_OUTLOOK=TRUE SPROTOCOL=TCP REBOOT=REALLYSUPRESS

Also tried running the MSI directly from the batch file with the same results.

Thanks!

Paul

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (4)

Posted by: Bladerun 15 years ago
Green Belt
0
I just deployed this via GPO recently.

I had the same problems, I wound up deploying it by using the MSI provided with the vendor, and creating an Admin & a Standard transform. You can take the values listed in you INI & put them directly in the property table.

EX:
Name: RFSERVERNAME
Value: vfnzfax
Posted by: plangton 15 years ago
Second Degree Blue Belt
0
Hi Bladerun,

Tried that too and it set RFSERVERNAME back to the Netbios name of the PC it was being deployed to... it really does seem to just be SMS we have a problem with, we tested the exact same installation on Altiris, GP, Zenworks, and also manually running it with no errors. SMS2.0 though, no luck.

Any more tips?? We can't be the only ones doing this surely?
Posted by: Bladerun 15 years ago
Green Belt
0
Have you tried just deploying the MSI w/ the properties set appropriately rather than running the setup.exe & modifying the ini file?

I never could get that to work right.
Posted by: plangton 15 years ago
Second Degree Blue Belt
0
Hi Bladerun,

Sure did, as posted above it then ignored the RFSERVERNAME property in the transform and put in the local computer name instead. Its working from the setup.exe /.ini file method for every deploymnt method except SMS. We are getting in touch with the vendor, as surely this is a common deployment scenario.

Thanks

Paul
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.
 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ