PXE Boot 7080
I am unable to PXE boot to the new Optiplex 7080. I tried adding the nic drivers to the kbe to no avail. Has anyone done this yet?
I'm experiencing the exact same issues with the "Dell OptiPlex 7080"
Appliance is up to date with v8.0.194. I've uninstalled and re-installed the driver feed package
DHCP options 66 and 244 are correctly set, yet still receiving "could not ping appliance error"
Also, attempting to ping manually in Windows PE (CMD) returns a "PING: transmit failed. General failure."
What would be the next step for resolution, all of my other systems boot into the environment without any issues via PXE or USB
Any Ideas / Solutions.... Thanks in advance!
PXE (or iPXE, which is what the SDA uses), does NOT requires drivers at all.
iPXE is a negotiation process between the Device BIOS, the Network Card's Firmware and the DHCP.
Now, if you have problems mounting the drives to connect to the KACE SDA, while already on Windows PE (Command prompt), then YES, drivers could be an issue.
--(If you already on Windows PE, iPXE is already out and done)--
RESOLVED: When I first started this project last week, I used the current KBE Driver Pack listed for v7.2 , dated 3/12/2020, since we are currently at v7.2.97, with no success.
I downloaded the Dell Command Deploy Driver Pack from https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/servicetag/0-d2I1aHF6YTJGNmNYSzhMamViSmNFdz090/drivers, and extracted to the drivers_postinstall folder, in place of the drivers installed via the K2000's Dell Driver Feed. At this point, it still didn't work when I tried to boot to the KBE I built last week.
11/23/2020: I tried the Driver Pack for v8.0, instead, at https://support.quest.com/kace-systems-deployment-appliance/8.0/download-new-releases#, dated 11/16/2020. Then, I built a new KBE. And, this did the trick! Finally!
11/24/2020 Update: For kicks, I uninstalled the 7080 drivers from the Dell Driver Feed (which were the ones I manually extracted there), and then reinstalled the drivers via the Dell Driver Feed, re-cached all drivers, and tested PXE booting via my newest KBE, with success. Seems using the Driver Pack for v8.0 is the answer.