Post-Install task shows "clientdrop" instead of file name
We just upgraded our SDA to version 8.2.158. I put a new Office365 zip file in the ClientDrop folder, created a new Post-Install task and selected the file from the clientdrop menu. I then tested it in an image and the task failed with "file not found". I checked the task again and discovered that it didn't show the correct file name or size. It showed "clientdrop" with a size of 512 B. (see pic)
- I deleted and recreated the task - same result.
- I copied the old Office task and changed the file selected - same result.
- I tried selecting the old Office.zip file in the new task but that didn't work.
- I put a tiny .bat file in the clientdrop and selected that but the same thing happened.
The old Office task is still functioning, but I currently can't create any new tasks using software in the clientdrop folder.
For anyone else that may encounter this issue, here's what I got from support:
The issue reported has been identified as a defect and raised with our Product team. The defect will be evaluated by our Product team for inclusion in a future release of KACE Systems Deployment Appliance.
There is a workaround at the moment to overcome this problem with the clientdrop. Here is the KB article with more information:
- Run application deployments without fileshare clientdrop (335698)