/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Systems Management Question


Packages not being copied to SMS Distribution Points

01/25/2007 27936 views
We're having issues with packages not being copies over to our distribution points. The issue began yesterday around 10 am. Normally when creating a package, the path to our source files resides on a file server where we store all of the applications used for SMS deployment. I noticed that of our lab machines were not receiving advertisments for several hours yesterday. I checked through ccmexec.log and nothing about the package and advertisment. Checked the policyagent and policyevaluator logs and nothing as well. Looked under site status, the SMS_Distribution_Manager was showing a critical status. The following messages were shown over and over again:

Message ID: 2302 SMS Distribution Manager failed to process package "(package name)" (package ID = CSS00121).

After doing some research on these errors everything seem to point to permissions errors where the source files reside. Checked the server where the source files are at, the site server (which is the DP) is a local administrator on this server. I'm out of ideas. If anyone has any insight please post a message back. Thanks!
0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments


Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

All Answers

0
Danr29,

Could you try and copy the source for a package onto the SMS server (local drive), add the package to SMS and add your DP's for replication - does that replicate? You can always remove it later, but that will show if it's an issue with your file server source share or SMS replication.

I've seen weird replication problems which turned out to be disk space on the DPs, but wasn't immediately apparent.

Hope this helps... would be interested to know what it was when you solve it.

Thanks,

Dunnpy
Answered 01/25/2007 by: dunnpy
Red Belt

0
Yeah I did create a share on the SMS server with a package and it was able to push it to the distribution points without a problem. It's just from that server where the packages reside. The weird thing that's happening now is I have deleted the packages that were not going up to the distribution points. After that I checked the Distribution Manager component again. After deleting the problem packages, they were then being pushed to the DPs!! Really weird.
Answered 01/25/2007 by: danr29
Purple Belt

0
Dunnpy;

In case you still wanted to know it was just a permissions issue on the share where the applications are kept. Someone removed the local Administrators from the ACL on the share. Scary.
Answered 01/26/2007 by: danr29
Purple Belt

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

Share

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ