Notepad++ 6.4.5 disable Plugin Updates
Is it possible to disable Update tab from the GUI.
1- Launch the Notepad++ shortcut
2- Go to Plugins-> Plugin Manager->Show Plugin Manager
3- Under this there is a Update tab which has Update button as well.
Is there a way to remove the update Tab from GUI itself?
Yes there is. Notepad++ requires very little too work. They even have a minimalist version with just the basic code.
Do you need the plugins? If no, good news. Delete the 'plugins' folder and files from the applications directory ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++) and the 'update' directory and files. If you then start Notepad++ the plugins tab will disappear and with it the updater as well. Unfortunately just deleting 'updater' folder is not enough.
(to be sure I tested it again in 6.4.5)
Thanx ...it works this way ...
But actually our requirement was just to disable Update tab under Plugins.. I guess thats not possible...
I have another Question ....
Presently the default path of saving the files in notepad++ is c:\programfiles\Notepad++.
Can we set the default path of saving the notepad++ path to My Documents?
If yes which xml file we need to add and what code should we add ?? - shradha_jain02 9 years ago
OK, because I like a puzzle. I had to find out by doing a test. I'll describe it for you.
- change the defaultsave in Notepad++ under 'settings''preference' to a new folder with a distinctive name you know to be unique. Like 'C:\Temp\Zebracrossing'. That way you have a nice searchstring.
- searching the XML in the program directory or the HKLM hive doesn't make sense as this is a per user config and users can't write to these locations.
- searching the Registry doesn't make sense as the installation is basically a filecopy.
- remains: Userprofile.
- Go to %Appdata%
- There's a Notepad++ folder there
- There's a config.xml that on a search shows it contains, in my case the reference to the folder 'zebracrossing'
- Define the correct name and add the correct setting to your project. - EVEEN 9 years ago