/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Software Deployment Question


New (Kace) installed Dell Optiplex 3070M does not show under Inventory -> Devices and software is not installed on the computer

03/04/2020 328 views

Hi community,


I did a Windows 10 (version 1909) installation through Quest/Kace. The installation went well, the new computer was added to local network, windows installed. The only problem is that all the software such as office, chrome browser, etc,. is not being installed. Normally I always check under Inventory -> Devices - to see which devices (they are shown by ID tag) are in the list and I can also push some software through labels.


For the new computer:


1. it does not show under Devices

2. I added smart label Optiplex 3070M (the same way as it was done for Optiplex 3050M - duplicated it)

3. It is still not recognised

4. And the software is still not installed


Could you after reading the above help me out or at least put me in to the right direction.


Thanks a bunch.

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments


All Answers

0

did the installation also install the agent?
if not: install and configure it.
If yes, check the following:
1. c:\programdata\quest\kace\amp.conf is the host=xxx correct for your appliance? Are there other infos in it?
2. if 1 looks good, run c:\program files (x86)\quest\kace\runkbot 1 0 and check the output for errors

If you are unsure, you can post the parts here to discuss

Answered 03/04/2020 by: Nico_K
Red Belt

  • Hi, thank you for the steps I will follow the steps right now and post all the output from them. To be continued.
  • Update:

    Step 1: I got a list of 20 lines, below the lines (due to security I won't be adding urls, etc. (this is the same list I get when I do this for a pc that has been correctly installed with all the software and also recognised in the devices list in Kace1000.

    1 host= is filled with the Kace1000 line
    2 koneaport= 3 digit number
    3 weburl=url is filled in
    4 webport=filled in
    5 sslrequired=false
    6 verifyssl=false
    7 serverversion= 5 numbers
    8 companyname=filled in
    9 splashtext=KACE systems management appliance is verifying your system configuration and managing software update. Please wait....

    10 servercomress=true
    11 processtimeout=7 digits
    12 filetimeout= 5 digits
    13 maxDownloadspeed=0
    14 debug=all
    15 disbalewaitforbootuptasks=filled in
    16 disablewaitforlogintasks=filled in
    17 disablebootupspalsh=filled in
    18 disableloginsplash=filled in
    19 launchmenu=filled in
    20 empty line


    Step 2: I tried to ran runbot.exe but it did not do anything (no modal, nothing). So I did it from commandline and it gave me the following:

    Parsecommandline: ERROR - Argcound < 2

    Runkbot commandline argunments invalid
    • the amp.conf is filled, means that it contacted the server and got the file updated.
      host and webport should be the server you want to connect to.

      the runkbot neeeds 2 arguments.
      runkbot 1 0 is bootstrap and 4 0 is windows inventory, you can use both.
      • I fixed it by updating both the agent and server (1 version old) the devices and labels are being recognised:).

        Thank you for the useful information and steps.

        I will close this ticket.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

Share

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ