Hello, i have created a managed install from http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/upgrading-from-windows-7-8-to-windows-10-via-k1000-script using method three.
i can see that the download gets downlaoded and unzipped to /Quest/KACE/downloads/id however the command SETUP.EXE /Auto Upgrade /Quiet /showoobe none /pkey **** /DynamicUpdate enable /migratedrivers all /copylogs C:\Windows\Temp\ does not run.
I have tried entering this command in a .bat file and changing Override default installation, Full command line to install.bat which has not worked.
I have also tried double clicking the install.bat file from the downloaded and unzipped folder in /Quest/KACE/Downloads/id on the client machine which starts the install so i know the .bat or the command works but dont understand why from kace this will not start.
Other managed installs i have with a command for example setup.exe work fine.
I have has a quick look in kagent.log but could not see anything, Any ideas?
4 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


  • When you used the batch file method, did you check the "Don't Prepend msiexec.exe" box?
    • Yes i did, however now im trying method 2 from the same link (the script way) which seems to work
  • When you test the bat file manually, are you doing so from an Administrator Level command prompt, or a command prompt with normal rights?
  • as its a .bat file i just double clicked it and the installation started, Anyway now i have this working through the Scripting way i have decided to use this way to update
  • Are you still having troubles with this? If so, I have gotten 500 to upgrade from Win7 64 Ent to Win 10 64bit v1703 Ent. Here is what I did:

    I ran one batch file with the below line in it.
    - "\\##\##\##\Microsoft\Windows 10\deployments\Windows10-1703\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /installfrom "\\##\##\##\Microsoft\Windows 10\deployments\Windows10-1703\sources\install.wim" /dynamicupdate enable /copylogs "\\##\##\##\Microsoft\Windows 10\deployments\logs" /postoobe "C:\ProgramData\Dell\KACE\kbots_cache\packages\kbots\189\Setupcomplete.cmd"

    The \\##\##\##\ is my server share. I ran all of mine from a network location so minimize the local disk space.

    I had 2 Dependencies
    - Setupcomplete.cmd: this had 2 command that Windows would run on first boot after the upgrade. The first line gets a new file ext setup in place for windows to use. The second line kicked off an upgrade script for Office
    --xcopy /Y "C:\ProgramData\Dell\KACE\kbots_cache\packages\kbots\189\OEMDefaultAssociations.xml" c:\windows\system32\
    --call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE\runkbot.exe" 197 0

    - OEMDefaultAssociations.xml: This allowed me to set some application associations by default.

    Please let me know if you have any questions
Please log in to comment

There are no answers at this time
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity