KACE v11.0.123 Approved Device Not Showing in Device List

I installed KACE agent v.11.0.123 on a fresh Windows 10, Build 2004 device. The agent is connected and has a green check-mark on the system tray icon, however the device is not in the "Devices" list on the KACE SMA. 

We have a multi-org environment and I used the installer with the server and token embedded - the installer filename format is ampagent-11.0.123_servername+token.msi. Installation went smoothly, but it wasn't showing in the specified org's Device list.

So I went up to the System level, but the device also doesn't show at Organization > Devices.

When I look at the System-level Quarantine, I DO see the device in the "Approved" list. It even shows the device as connected and assigned to the appropriate organization. 

Once a device is Approved, it should show up in the Devices list so you can manage it, apply scripts, MI's, etc.

Is this a known issue with agent v.11.0.123? How do I get the device to show up in the Devices list?

I tried restarting the agent, along with rebooting the device. I also looked at the device's amp.conf file, which shows the correct information.

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (3)

Posted by: brucealmightyman 1 week ago
White Belt

I have this same issue with this years latest agent version. I have waited a couple days and still not showing up in inventory. Any solutions or actions i can take?

Posted by: quarles 1 year ago
White Belt

Thanks Hobbsy for the response.

Everything added up - correct token, device filter configured properly, etc. I had installed the agent in the early afternoon and decided to give it a little time. By late afternoon - 2 or 3 hours later - the device still would only show up in "Approved" devices, but not in device inventory. However, when I checked the next morning, it had finally been properly placed into the device list and the correct org.

So I'm assuming it just takes an unusual amount of time to be fully approved and placed in the device list with this new version. I'm not too happy with this, because it makes it difficult to spin up a VM for script testing, and for our Help Desk to quickly view inventory of a newly deployed device. I may open a ticket with Quest to find out why there's a delay or if it's a known issue. I am curious if any other multi-org customers have seen this.

Posted by: Hobbsy 1 year ago
Red Belt

So you will be one of the few customers using a multi org box that has updated to v11. I have yet to see a customer with this config in a live environment. If your agent was installed using the token, my guess is that each of your orgs will have their own unique token? So I would be sure to check that the correct token was used and also that the inventory filter is setup correctly to show the device in the correct org? If you created identical tokens for your multi orgs, there would  be a chance that the filter is correct but the token is not or vice versa.

If that all adds up and seems good and the device is still not appearing in the correct org inventory, then log a support call, as multi org boxes are, in my experience, not tested by engineering so thoroughly, so you may well have a bug that is unique to a multi org box.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

View more:


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ